- Elect a new Ministerial Bureau for the next two-year tenure, and specifically:
- Update the Ministers on the status of ongoing programmes and share best practices among Member States to enhance intra-Africa collaboration in Education; Science, Technology and Innovation.
- Take stock of the implementation of the Continental Education Strategy for Africa (CESA 16-25) as well as Science, Technology, and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) from Member States, the AUC and the partners.
- Advocate for increased investments in education, science, technology and innovation in Africa.
- Promote quality assurance and harmonisation of higher education
- Contribute to the Draft Digital Transformation Strategy for Africa Education
- Contribute to the Chairperson’s Youth empowerment Initiative: 1millionBy2021
- Agree on decision/recommendations, for consideration by the AU 2020 Summit.